Information on this Web site is available in alternate formats upon request.
Human Resources Manager / HR Specialist
Erie Corporate Office
Provide generalist support to the Human Resource Director in all aspects of the Human Resources Department, including:
- Employee Relations, including culture building, dispute resolution, incident investigation, employee coaching / discipline, and employee advocacy.
- Performance Management, evaluation, and support
- Human Resource Information System management
- Assist in the planning, development, and presentation of office and PCA staff training.
- Recruit, screen, interview, and select Personal Care Attendant staff. Recruit, screen, interview, and recommend professional staff as assigned. Conduct background checks and reference checks. Develop and cultivate employee-referral sources. Attend job fairs and outreach opportunities as necessary.
- Administer and participate in new employee orientation and onboarding process for new employees entering the CRI system.
- Support and provide backup to unemployment function, both agency-model and consumer-model. Prepare for and attend unemployment hearings (agency and consumer model) as necessary or assigned.
- Audit and help to prepare personnel files for audits in Erie and satellite offices.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Director or as apparent. Exact position (HR Manager, HR Specialist) to be based on selected candidate’s credentials and capabilities.
- Bachelors degree in business, with an HR major / focus / concentration.
- Minimum one year of professional HR experience. Three years plus preferred.
- HR experience in health care particularly in-home care or health care strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively, generating a positive corporate image with job candidates, referral sources, and with the community.
- Ability to assess job candidate’s qualifications objectively, using professional judgment in the selection of employees.
- Generalist knowledge of HR issues, including federal and state employment regulations, personnel policy, and employee benefits. Specific knowledge in interviewing, selection, and hiring law and techniques required.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a background / criminal conviction check required.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, ability to travel including evenings, overnights and weekends required.
- This is a full time salaried exempt position. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
|Send resume with references and salary history to:
Community Resources for Independence, Inc.
Attn: HR –HRM position
3410 West 12th Street
Erie, PA 16505
Community Resources for Independence, Inc. is an equal opportunity organization that has procedures in place to ensure equal access and fair treatment to all individuals. CRI complies with all applicable civil rights laws. Programs and personnel issues are administered without regard to disability, race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital or veteran status, or any other non-job-related criteria prohibited by public policy. If you have any general questions about employment opportunities at Community Resources for Independence, please call (800) 530-5541 or (814) 838-7222.